Are you trying to buy a microwave and wondering which size is best? In stores, there are many types of microwaves ranging from sizes to dimensions to choose from. It would help if you chose which suits your needs and which falls under your budget. You can also check the ultimate microwave sizes guide to get some more in-depth information.
It is known that the bigger the microwave, the better the performance, and the higher the price.
Factors To Consider When Buying a Microwave
When deciding to buy a microwave, several factors should influence your decision.
- Budget. The microwave should go under your budget and not overboard.
- Size of your kitchen. The microwave you choose should perfectly fit in your kitchen with ease.
- The number of users. The greater the number of people using the microwave, the bigger the microwave should be.
- Frequency of use. If the microwave is to be used often, you should buy one to do everything without failure.
- What you will be cooking. if the microwave is cooking big things, then you need a bigger machine and vice versa
Types Of Microwaves
There are five types of microwaves, and all perform the same purpose but in different sizes and dimensions.
- Countertop microwave (small)
As the name suggests, this is the smallest size for microwaves. This size is suitable for small rooms and small apartments as they don’t pick up large spaces in the kitchen.
The small countertop microwave dimensions are 15-19 inches wide, 10-14 inches in height, and 10-14 inches deep. The microwave is suitable for cooking popcorns.
- Medium countertop microwave
A medium-sized microwave has more features than a small countertop microwave. This model can have features of a big unit, but the cost and size to be convenient.
You can use this microwave to defrost meat and heat food. 3-6 people can use the microwave. A medium-sized microwave is a commonly used microwave in many homesteads. The machine is suitable for larger apartments. Its dimensions are 24 inches wide, 14 inches tall, and 16 inches deep.
- Large countertop microwave
A large countertop microwave has the same features as a medium sized microwave, except it can automatically adjust cooking time, has an auto defrost, has a grill function, and has convection cooking. This type of microwave has the following dimensions, 35 inches in height, 16-24 inches wide, and 18 inches deep.
- Over the range microwave
This type of microwave is installed in your cabinet above the range. This type of microwave dimensions are as follows, 15 inches tall, 16 inches deep, and 30 9nches wide. The size of the unit may vary with the available cabinet space.
- Drawer or built-in
This type of microwave is expensive and may not have all the features the above microwave might have. Its dimensions are as follows, 30 inches wide, 26 inches deep, and 15 inches high.